"Bye Didi...."


As I walked towards the bus stop, I admired the beautiful canvas of God – the sky
Where the Sun tried playing hide and seek; it tried peeping out of the cloud,
But when I looked at the sky, it hid itself behind the clouds.

There was something special about that day; which I didn’t understand at the start…
As I got to the bus stop and boarded a bus.
I got a seat right beside a lady, who had her young son sitting on her lap..
He had a smart haircut; his clothes were faded but were neat.
As I looked at him, he was busy playing with two bands in his hand.

The bus kept moving to the next stop…
(People who know me, would agree, how much I love talking and so…)
I said Hello to him… And asked him for his name..
His mother replied, “Prasad...”  taking great pride while saying it.
His mother told him to call me “Didi...”
But he just looked at me, began playing with those bands.

So I happened to ask him for one of those,
And the lil boy was kind enough to give me one.
As the bus bumped into a speed breaker
The lil boy just looked at me and gave me a cute smile…

As we stopped at the next location; to collect more passengers
(He wanted to show me the next band in his hand)
The bus kept getting congested as the conductor kept filling in people.
I returned him his band and then got busy texting on my phone…

The bus then stopped at the ferry point,
The young boy along with his mother had to get down there,
As he was getting down the bus,
He looked at me and called aloud, “Didi ….. (with a smile) Bye………”
I was stunned; I didn’t know what to say!! (I just had a smile on my face)
It took me a minute to understand; the boy who didn’t speak a thing, all this while said something to me…
As I didn’t reply, he looked at me and again shouted, “Bye – Bye Didi”
I just waved and said, “Bye!!!” (with a beam on my face)

Even after getting off the bus; he came near the window (where I was sitting)
And said “Bye Didi”
I smiled and said bye once again;
And I kept looking at Prasad and his mother as they both walked towards the ferry point!

After that, everything was just as usual…
The streets baffled with traffic; the conductors kept bringing in more and more people.
And about me, well I was left with a huge smile on my face…
Wondering, “What just happened?”
Well, it is truly said,
 “Sometimes an unknown person can bring a smile on to your face…”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goan Catholic Roce Ceremony

Touching Lives --- Asha Arondekar

Smile and the world will smile back...