Letter to the Bestie

To a bestie,
As the sun shined bright upon everyone, things proceeded at it’s normal pace.
But one sudden moment, a thunderstorm led to a huge growl that made the day miserable.
I just remembered the opening of “Kuch kuch Hota Hai” where Rahul and Anjali had a huge fight,
Where the entire college tried convincing them,
“……But she’s your best friend yaar, Oh! But he’s your best friend yaar…”
And that they both became friends.
Well, it’s funny that this morning as I woke up I thought about this incident and remembered about the fight that I and my friend had.
Reason --- a petty issue, exchange of words, angry, tears etc etc.
About him: He is one of the most amazing people I met, helpful, crazy, a soon to be filmmaker…
He often wanted me to write something about him, but well I never really did so.
I guess, it’s because I never felt like, as he was always just a phone call away.
People say that “You write one of your best articles when you’re sad.”
May be that’s what is in my mind as I write this article.
I’m sure, by now he must have a got a notification on his phone that I wrote something,
But as he is angry he will avoid opening that file; and pretend to ignore it.
Nevertheless, He is my best friend and I know him very well…
He will open the article later this evening and will be surprised to know that I wrote something for him.
It is often said, a true friendship goes through several ups and down; you fight, you share, you act crazy but at the end of it you just prefer to be with one another.
Somebody once just pulled me and said that now I break this friendship of yours.. 
To that my answer was simple and immediate
“Meri aur uski dosti itni kamzor nahi hai ki itni jaldi toodh sake”
I still stand by those words of mine…
I know, you’re hurt because whatever I said to you, apologies for that… But common, I’m not the only person who is at fault okay!!! You instigated me… So you also should apologize… But if you don’t want to, then it’s fine.
As I woke up today morning I understood something, friendship is an integral part of life. And you understand the true worth of the friend only in their absence.
Thank you for being an amazing friend that you are. You’re truly amazing… I know, we both aren’t talking to eachother but it’s a phrase it will pass soon.
And so to conclude the article, I will just say
“Yeh Dosti………… Hum nahi todhege, todhege dum magar tera saath na chodege”
From your bestie..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goan Catholic Roce Ceremony

Touching Lives --- Asha Arondekar

Smile and the world will smile back...