Cricket—A passion in India


I wouldn't be exaggerating if I say Cricket is considered as a religion in India.  It is a game, which has gained a lot of popularity over the years and it continues to remain one of the most favorite sports of Indian fans. Over the years, the love of this sport kept on increasing by leaps and bounds. Every match of Team India is cheered with a great enthusiasm.
Cricket was initially originated in England, and it gradually proceeded to other parts of the World. My love for cricket didn't begin from childhood. I actually hated this sport, but since I was the youngest in the family, I had to watch all the cricket matches just because my whole family loved cricket. I still remember I use to make a sad face and sit at one corner of the room, just because I wasn't given to watch my favorite cartoon show.
My love for cricket began, when I was watching the T-20s, 2007 World Cup Series. This was the first T-20 world cup series which was ever introduced. Since that series, I became a huge fan of Indian Cricket. It’s an amazing feeling actually witnessing your very own Indian team being the World Champions.
In almost every match, over thousand fans cheers the team in the stadium, while around a million Indian fans all over the world cheer for the team, just by sitting before the television. And when the team wins, all these fans celebrate it, as if their celebrating some festival. Somewhere some people celebrate diwali while others celebrate by playing holi. It is also quite interesting to see the fans come up with new ways of cheering the team, the posters, the head gears, the t-shirt are just a few examples of those.
But like everything has something bad to it, same way, the fans get so much into the match that they sometimes forget the fact that at the end of the day it’s just a game. Sometimes, when the team or the players, doesn't play up to the mark or sometimes when the team loses the match. The team has to face a huge amount of criticism from the same fans, who once upon a time called worshiped them. So a cricketer has to be prepared in both the ways to accept the fame as well as the criticism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goan Catholic Roce Ceremony

Touching Lives --- Asha Arondekar

Smile and the world will smile back...