Bus rides



I kept hearing from my friends that bus rides are terrible, but I never quite experienced it. I don’t really have to travel in the bus to the college, as my house is at a walking distance, from college
But ever since I began my internship, it gave me the most pristine opportunity to travel in the buses. And the things that my friends found annoying, for me they seem to be the most interesting thing about the ride.
Travelling in the buses gives one an exposure to almost all the different kinds of people. It helps one to observe people’s behavior and understand about their approach towards a particular issue; however this can be only done if you have very catchy and sharp eyes to observe almost everything around you.
 I do agree travelling in the bus can get annoying when the conductors keep stuffing the passengers in the bus as if they are lining up sardines in a basket. But this also teaches one, a lot of things like nothing comes easily to you, unless or until you have patience (in the bus) to get to your goal (reach your destination). Initially, children usually are under their parents and the parents keep them in “a happy bubble” but from the time the child moves out of this bubble, it makes him/her understand that life much more than just frowning over small things, it also makes quite responsible about their acts in life. And here, there won’t be any body that’ll cover up for your mistakes, like at home your parents or siblings must have done.
My friends always had discussed about travelling in the bus could be really tiring and annoying and whenever they discussed about the issue, I always found myself blank as I didn’t really have much to say about this. But ever since I’m travelling by bus, it gave me a chance to tell my friends that, “guys, your’ll are wrong, travelling in the bus is really very interesting.”
It actually gives one an opportunity to introspect about many things. The 45 minute journey from my home to Panaji, gave me an opportunity to know and understand, the things; I want in life and not to creep over small issues as there are thousands of people who travel regularly sometimes more than 40 kilometers.
The bus journey is filled with thrill and excitement, especially for a person like me, who hardly travelled much. Waiting at the bus stand for the bus to arrive, climbing in overcrowded buses, searching for ladies seat are a few of those many things that I usually do nowadays. As I love listening to music, a part of these 45 minutes, I devote to entertained myself by listening to different songs on my phone. I also love making new friends, so I also talk to people sitting, beside me.
I remember one such incident, when I was travelling from my office to the Panaji bus stand, it was a Friday. I met a lady with her two children. On interacting more with her, she told me that she was originally from Nepal, but of late they are staying in Taleigao. She has two beautiful and naughty children, who kept playing with me in the bus. They were heading to Mapusa because of the Mapusa Friday Market. It was nice talking to her, and with no time we reached the bus stand. We said bye to each other and proceeded to our homes.
Bus rides aren’t that terrible, all what it is, is in the mind of the person. If one has a positive approach towards such rides I don’t think it should be a problem. According to me, Bus rides are really interesting, only if one thinks about it, in the way I do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goan Catholic Roce Ceremony

Touching Lives --- Asha Arondekar

Smile and the world will smile back...