Would things still be the way they were?


It was late midnight, for a wonder I was awake in my dark room… (Something quite rare...)
As I gazed to the endless road through my window, I saw the streetlight flickering which slowly drifted me away - in my thoughts process…
I just strayed and strayed as a fat drop of tear fell from my eye…
That night was calm, but I knew that this calmness was signifying the coming of a great blizzard.
I knew that, this night might change everything forever as I hurt a friend who was really close to me…

As I sat down on my bed in the dark room, my mobile phone acted as the only source of light in the entire house…
I held the phone in my hand and began wondering, have I lost this amazing friend??
And at that very moment, another tear rolled down from my eye…

I tried lying down on my soft cushioned bed, but boy!!! I didn’t feel asleep…
I kept my phone on my side table, got my blanket over me and tried closing my eyes…
The ambience sound of the clock and fan was the only source of music that co-ordinated with my movement (of changing sides) on my bed…

After a while, I sat upright on my bed and with great courage picked up my phone from the nearby table…
And dialled the number…
I didn’t know, what I was going to say, neither did I knew what that person was gonna say!!
All what I did is – just dialled the number..!!

As the phone rang, my heartbeat began to slowdown..
For a while, I wondered whether that person was awake as phone kept ringing but there wasn’t any reply..
Suddenly, I hear that person saying, “Hello”

I didn’t know how I sounded but I surely sounded, like a dead body…
“Sorry!!” I whispered; I didn’t know, what to say further, I said, “Sorry once again...”
And I cut the call; I didn’t hear what that person was trying to say..!!

All I knew, I apologized…
Even after this, I didn’t fall asleep…

All I wondered whole night, was would things still be the way they were?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goan Catholic Roce Ceremony

Touching Lives --- Asha Arondekar

Smile and the world will smile back...